Contributing to Chip Chats
The contents of Chip Chats are primarily sourced from NWCA members. Help keep Chip Chats interesting and relevant by submitting an article of your own.
Some Prompts to Get You Started
- Do you have a simple project with a pattern that you can share? Please include a photo of the finished piece and step-by-step instructions.
- Do you have an interesting woodcarving journey that you can share? How did you get into this hobby and what have you done?
- Do you have any tips for other woodcarvers?
- Does your club support a charity? Tell us about it and how you support it.
General Photo Guidelines
- Each photo should have at least a 300 ppi resolution.
- Be selective about the quality and quantity of the digital photos you send.
- Duplicate images, unrelated photos, poor quality pictures, and anything without a caption should be deleted before the CD is burned.
- Every photo submitted needs a caption that includes the correct spelling of the carver’s first and last names.
- Good captions also mention the type of wood used and the size of the carving.
Photos of Carvings
- Remove any ribbons, labels, medals, signs, stickers, etc.
- Use a plain, neutral-colored background (cloth backdrops should not be wrinkled).
- Arrange lighting so it does not cast distracting shadows.
- If possible, do not submit photos of carvings that have already appeared in Chip Chats.
- Submit photos of students carving rather than a group posing with finished carvings.
Send your article and pictures to: [email protected] with the subject line: Chip Chats Article